High pH in processed water

Just a note:  the EPA requirements for ph in potable water supplies
require that levels be set above 8 or so ( I don't recall exactly) in
order to minimize the leaching of copper and lead from piping into the
drinking water supply.  This is being phased in at the moment but those of
you who get nice ph values from the tap can expect to lose that
convinience in the future.  I can ask the guys at work what the timeline
is, but the most common method for doing this is the one posted
previously, and is easily reversed.

     Paul Wolfenbarger E.I.

     Structures               Aquatics          pwolfen at nmia_com
     Music                    Felines

	Each man  must for himmself alone decide what is right and what is
	  wrong, which course is patriotic and which isn't.  You
	  cannot shirk this and be a man.

				--Mark Twain