DIY CO2

Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 13:00:17 -0700
From: Harold Pachtman <harold at azpedeye_com>
Subject: DIY CO2

"Can anyone answer the following problem I am having with DIY CO2
generator:................ Each time I set it up, it gives off plenty of
bubbles through the airstone, and then stops after 2 days...............
There is a good seal at the top, and no leaks.
   What am I doing wrong, and how can I correct it?"

Sounds like it could be the mixture you are using could be too warm, or
the location of the set up maybe also be too warm.  Cooking off the
mixture so fast.  What kind of yeast are you using?
I use Champagne yeast, as it holds up longer to the alcohol. I found a 5
Grams packet made by Universal Foods Corp. Called Pasteur Champagne,
works for me for a bit over two weeks(unless the Air Cond. goes off then
one day on a hot(normal) Florida day).    Jim C.