[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Kid breaks flourescent light - mercury danger?

My seven year old daughter was feeding the fish when she managed somehow to
break a flourescent light. The older boys got most of the glass out of the
tank, however I came home there were still a few small pieces of glass in
the tank. I'm not sure about the geometry of the accident and how much
contamination exposure there was.

I'm concerned that some of the mercury from the bulb is in the tank. What
is this going to do to the plants and fish? Should I tear it down? Has
anyone else had this experience?


Paul Nicholson               Electronic Imaging Systems, Inc.
TEL 805 532 1068             5148 Commerce Avenue, Unit F
FAX 805 532 1065             Moorpark, CA 93021 U.S.A.
paul at eisusa_com		     http://www.eisusa.com