Lighting for the 55 gallon tank for the 14yr

hey you maybe 14, but most of us are all on budgets!! Less your Bill
Gates. Anyways, I have a 30gallon tank, its 36 inchs long, and I too
needed to at one point, get more light on it. I purchased a  48inch
shop light for 17 bucks, and a GE chroma 50 'Sunshine' bulb and a GE Plant
bulb. Both put out 40watts, and cost about 6 or 7 bucks. So for about
30 bucks, youi can get the right lighting. Now this maybe a litle weak for
a 55 gallon, but put the other strip light on too, and you can get about
90 ways going, and your tank will do better. Anyways, hope this helps.
Oh yes, the light does hang over on the ends, but oh well.Sometimes you
have to comprmise the nice looking for the sake of the budget!!

Mike

|   mcgrath at mad_scientist.com  |
|  IF YOU SEND ME JUNK MAIL,   |
| I WILL RUIN YOUR PUNY LIFE   |