Vingar and Crust Stuff

I take my glass cover off every month or two and place it in the bath
tub.  I heat 1 gal of vinegar to almost boiling and pour that on the
glass, I've never had the glass break but i'll leave it up to you.  This
creates an excessive amount of bubbling and will clear all traces of
crud in just seconds.  As for any really stubborn spots, just let it
soak then scrub with a plastic scrubber. This also takes any accumulated
calcium off your tub.   I don't know how this would work on plastic but
I would think that it would be similar.  -Brian