Re: ph-kh-co2 / Farowellas vs. Peckoltias

> Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 09:31:16 -0500
> From: berzerker7 at juno_com (Robert S Spotswood)
>
> ph-kh-co2
>
> This may be slightly off-topic, but to those of you concerned about
> the % differences from the different equations, don't be.  Generally,
> (in engineering at least), any empirical equation that gets you to
> within 30% either way of the "true" answer is considered a good
> equation.

As an engineer, I have to take issue with that statement.  +/-30%?
Please let me know exactly what products you "engineer" so I can avoid
them.

> Here you're talking about 10-20% differences.  Don't sweat
> it.  These are only estimates, with more than a few assumptions.
Sorry, these are NOT estimates. They are calculations based on well
defined scientific principles.  Any assumptions involved
(temperatures, etc) have an extremely small effect on the results.

George