Riccia

As usual, I have learned quite a bit from this list on a subject about
which very little is available in the literature.  Sounds like Riccia will
indeed not stay put on wood, underwater, without both restraint and
diligent trimming.  I simply tied mine down and let it grow and it promptly
grew right off the wood.  I will try the "trimming once a week method" to
keep the growth short, therefore keeping the pieces of plant that _are_
attached to the wood with fishing line alive.  If this doesn't work, guess
it's back to bare wood.  Thanks for all the help.
Roxanne Bittman
--
Roxanne Bittman, Botanist                    Natural Diversity Database
Phone: (916) 323-8970                 __o    CA Dept of Fish and Game