Re: Aquatic Plant Growth

A few random thoughts;

You must have an adequate supply of mineral nutrients and light for your
plants before the addition of CO2 will improve your growth ... CO2 injection
is NOT the place to start! The place to start ... 2 to 4 watts of light
11 to 13 hours per day with a deep fertile substrate and at least some
water movement within the tank.

The equilibruim concentration of CO2 in water is esentially CONSTANT for any
given temperature, regardless of pH.

The reason that we use CO2 (carbonic acid) to lower pH is that it is an
UNCHARGED acid and therefore doesnt reduce alkalinity as the pH drops
(while Im at it, why dont we drop the term KH and just use the term
alkalinity?)

dave.