Re: Using a Python

>Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 20:28:03 -0700
>From: Harold Pachtman <harold at azpedeye_com>
>
>I am new to this, and have purchased a Python cleaner and water changer.
>I must hook it up to and outside hose bib, as it wont fit on my
>goodeneck sink faucet. My question however is this: I find that it uses
>a tremendous amount of water which flows all over my yard. Is it
>necessary to have the water on full force? Is there a way to use less
>water. I have searched the archives and could not find anything on this.

We use the Python to simply siphon water out of the tank and don't use the
"pump" when draining.  Depending on the heigth of the aquarium above ground
level, the siphon is actually faster than using the faucet pump. We drain
the water into a flower bed.

We still use the faucet attachment for filling. If you have a smooth metal
faucet, stick one of those inexpensive liquid crystal thermometers on the
faucet to set the water temp.  We like the "Second Nature" brand with the
moving line instead of the dot types.

George
George Booth, Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
Need info? http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts.htm