Re: Calcium Requirements

Chazz asked about plant needs for calcium.  From my experience with soft
water (30ppm GH and KH), hygrophelia begins developing small holes in
both new and old leaves, but mainly in the old ones.  Also the Amazon
swords stop putting out new leaves.  Otherwise, no appreciable plant
changes.  I throw in 2 human calcium tablets (the cheap kind with no
sugar coating), don't worry about changes in pH because its a 125g tank,
and put a tablet in every week for 2-3 times.  MT snails will swarm the
tablet and eat it, but a good bit goes into the water.
Rochelle