Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #839

>Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 08:46:04 -0400
>From: DS9Freak <DS9Freak at sover_net>
>Subject: Co2 levels
>
>I would like to know what kind of adverse effects high levels of co2 has
>on fish. An article on the kirb said that some fish can stand levels of
>800ppm. Please, someone tell me if that is true, because I am going to
>lower the ph of my aquarium. The problem is that I have a kh of 18. So,
>If I wanted to get to 6.8, then I'd be somewhere around 50ppm, I'd
>guess. Am I correct, and can fish stand these levels?

Maybe you should lower your KH by adding osmosed water. for example 10 % of your whole aquarium each week, until you get a better value. It's important to modify little by little because the aquarium equilibrium sould not be broken.
Then, you will be able to add CO2 in lower quantities...

            ()_()
            (° °)
 +------oo0--(º)--0oo------+
 |       ŒŒŒ     ¹¹¹       |
 |  Jean-Paul  Chicheret   |
 |    2,route de Dijon     |
 | 21600 LONGVIC - FRANCE  |
 |                         | jpc25 at calva_net
 | Tel: 33(0)3-80-67-14-99 | jpmac at planetb_fr
 | FAX: 33(0)3-80-31-87-82 | Jean-Paul.Chicheret at inforoute_cgs.fr