Re:Substrate Heating

Why would you want to mess with the complications of tubing for a
substrate heating system? For about $25 I  installed a simple
 substrate heating system in my 55g tank based on the article by
Dan Resler and Uwe Behle.  Without the heating  on my substrate runs
1 to 2F lower than the water temperature.  With the cables on 50% of
the time the substrate midway between the cables runs 1F higher than
the water temperature. At 100% it is about 2-3 F higher.  I posted
the details of my system in March 97( #457). Also there are many
other helpful postings from other people.