Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #835

<<  Does anyone know how good the Silicon tubing conducts
 heat? This substrate heating is an interesting topic and if there
 would be an inexpensive (and safe) way to do it -  I would
 like to give it a try. >>

At the last InterZoo (industry trade show, lgst. venue; Nuremberg, D) in 96,
I saw (and a friend, Afshin Aghayan picked up for distribution) a line of
"plant" products from a German co., Bioplast, that included a conductive
tubing that loops around a submersible heater then somehow conveys (through
conduction) heat under the substrate. Anyone familiar with this devices
construction? It is flexible and "appeared" to be silicon-based on the
outside.
Bob Fenner