Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #833

O.K. Guys, Here is my idea of cheap substrate heating. ANY feedback is very
welcome! Take a 10 gal tank, put a heater and water pump in it. Attatch
silicone or vinyl tubing to it (would vinyl distribute heat as well?). Run
the tubing into the large show tank under the substrate, and back out into
the 10 gal. Let the pump push the heated water through the tubing, back into
the 10 gal, through the tubing.....
What do you think? Would it work? What size pump would I need to get that
water through the tubing and up about 4 ft until it starts flowing down into
the tank?