Cabomba info wanted

Greetings,
Would it be possible for some of you who have possitive and/or negative
experiences with the stem plants Cabomba caroliniana to relate some of
your knowledge and expertise with this plant? What works, what doesn't,
whether you keep this plant now on a permanent basis, light, temperature,
water conditions needed, how to root, etc.
     I know what the books say and I also realize most everyone have
their own tales to tell about certain plant successes and failures that
seem to contradict (or corraborate) the references. What you have to
relate about this plant may not be common knowledge to all subscribers,
esp. the newer ones such as myself. All would be appreciated by me and
others in the same catagory.          Thanks... Lyle Babberl