Re: Biowheel filters

Just a little tidbit about bio wheels. I have been using one for over a
year and during that time I have lost two plecotomuses and one eel in
it. the lower lip of the casing hangs below the water level and I think
that the fish were attracted to the moving water. They swam up inside
and became lodged in the wheel. I now have a plastic gate glued in place
to stop any more losses. I also think any snail could make its way up
there very easily. Any body else experience any thing like this.

Jeremy
Corvallis, Oregon