Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #814

<<  couldn't help correcting this advice. Definately don't use HOT water --
 just luke warm and the tried and true mix is:
 2 cups sugar
 1 teaspoon yeast
 1 teaspoon baking soda
 6 cups luke warm water.

 All the rest is the same. This mixture, if well sealed, will last for about
 3-4 weeks.

 Olga
 i >>
Olga, I have seen that too - I just use hot water to dissolve the sugar. The
yeast should never be put in hot water - it will die. My question is - what
is the baking soda for? I don't have any on hand, so mine is running without
it. Does it make Co2 longer this way?