bottle stopper?

Hi everyone,

I'm having difficulty with the DIY CO2 that I run on my smaller tanks. The
problem is that the caps on the bottles don't hold their seal well over
time. I have siliconed them well and when I first get a bottle set up it
works fine. However, after time they seem to leak no matter what.

I was thinking that it might be better to invest in some good quality
rubber stoppers with holes in them for glass tubes (like in chemistry class
in high school -- gee that was a long time ago -- maybe they don't use
those any more?). Anyone use something like this? Anyone use something that
gets rid of all the messing with silicon etc.? And, of course, something
easy and inexpensive.

Olga
hearing my CO2 hiss away in sunny, warm Vancouver