[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Cooling fan for DIY lighting system

Computer fans use 12 Volt DC power so you would need a converter, or a
rectifier to run from "outlet" power.  Devil if I know where to get a cheap
I would recommend a trip to RADIO SHACK (all glory to them)they have 120 v
Ac "outlet" power fans for under $20 in the catalog.

At 03:48 PM 6/29/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 15:17:58 -0400 (EDT)
>From: MMacG1167 at aol_com
>Subject: Cooling fan for DIY lighting system
>I've been told that a good way to provide ventilation for a DIY lighting
>setup is with a cooling fan for a computer. I've looked at a few and they all
>have power lead cables that can't just be plugged into an outlet. They all
>have two cables, one with a male end and one with a female end. The male end
>has four tube shaped prongs in a row and could be plugged into the female
>end. Does anyone else use computer fans on their lighting systems? If so, how
>do you get it hooked up to the electrical outlet (or some other power
>End of Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #803
>To unsubscribe to aquatic-plants, send the command:
>    unsubscribe aquatic-plants
>in the body of a message to "Majordomo at ActWin_com".  Archives are
>available on the web at http://www.actwin.com/fish/aquatic-plants
>or via FTP to ftp.actwin.com in /pub/aquaria/aquatic-plants.
* Rolando R. Gomez                                        *
* And i want some frogies and fishes and purtty plants!!! *
* shadoe at io_com						   *
* rrgomez at WSUHUB_UC.TWSU.EDU                              *