[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Cooling fan for DIY lighting system

Radio Shack, and others sell 120VAC "muffin" fans.  You probably want to stay
away from the 12VDC fans unless you have a 12v source already.

>I've been told that a good way to provide ventilation for a DIY lighting
>setup is with a cooling fan for a computer. I've looked at a few and they all
>have power lead cables that can't just be plugged into an outlet. They all
>have two cables, one with a male end and one with a female end. The male end
>has four tube shaped prongs in a row and could be plugged into the female
>end. Does anyone else use computer fans on their lighting systems? If so, how
>do you get it hooked up to the electrical outlet (or some other power

*Mike Roberts - mike at microspan_com
*North American Internet, Ltd. - http://www.nail.net
*Colorado Springs, CO - (719) 635-NAIL

*Offering Affordable Dedicated Internet Access
*to the Colorado Front Range and Beyond...