Re: Frog bit roots

> Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 00:38:17 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Michael W McGrath <mcgrath at citilink_com>
> Subject: Frog bit roots
>
> Bought some frog bit the other day, and it has some REALLY long roots,
> some are easily over a foot long. Now, can i trim those, remove them
> completely as they get too long or what?

Trim them if you like.  Some of my fish do, but this doesn't keep
the frogbit (Limnobium) from producing 15-25 extra plants per square
foot per month under fairly low-light conditions (40W per 30 gallon).
I trade the plants in to a fish store for credit.  This stuff competes
well with duckweed.

Btw, don't let it escape - it has become a pest plant in some mild areas
such as coastal British Columbia.