Re: Glass bottle bombs

Roy Parker wrote:
[clip]
>>Second, stay away from glass bottles as much as possible for safety
>>reasons.  If you do use glass, don't use a twist on cap of any kind,
>>use a drilled rubber stopper to seal the top.  If you use a twist on
>>cap and it plugs, the glass bottle can explode with rather
>>disasterous results.

I did at first use a plastic bottle but my method of injecting the CO2
into the intake of my canister filter caused the bottle to collapse in a
most remarkable manner. Rather than alter the injection style, I switched
to glass bottles. I'm much happier with the results. One does have a
rubber stopper but the other has a twist on lid but it is in a cabinet
and out of sight. I don't think there will be any problem.       Thanks
... Lyle Babberl