CO2

I'd appreciate information concerning the compatibility/interchangeability
of different types of tanks and regulators. I have an acetylene tank and
regulator, and an oxyacetylene regulator set. Can any of these be used for
CO2?
Reading through various catalogs, I see separate listings for CO2, but
wonder if this is a question of incompatible materials, pressures, etc. or
some other welding related issue that would not affect their use in an
aquarium setup.

TIA for your advice.

Jeff