Re: Test Kits

Perhaps I should have prefaced my response to Mike Roberts
regarding test kits by saying that the best source for analysis data is
your local water company.  The Washington Suburban Sanitary
Commission, my local water utility, furnishes its customers with a
detailed analysis sheet showing yearly averages, monthly minimum
and maximum averages, and even EPA limits for a long list of
chemical and physical parameters.  All of the tests I have performed
on my aquarium have yielded results that fall within the ranges
published on this chart.  I stand by the kits I mentioned before, but
before going hog wild with additional test kits try to obtain a detailed
analysis sheet to see if there is anything that might pose some real
problems for your plants and/or fish, and might require continual
monitoring.

Jonathan in really hot Maryland (heat index of 110 F today!)
Energetics, Inc
7164 Gateway Drive
Columbia, MD 21046
(410) 290-0370