Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 18:11:43 -0500
From: cmunoz at crystal_cirrus.com (Carlos Munoz)
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: Help on emersed plants

I'm trying to setup an ultra-cheap emersed "nursery" on my apartment porch.
Can anyone give me some suggestions?

I only get a few hours of direct sun in the morning and I'm also worried that
when Austin's weather calms down a bit, my plants will bake in the heat.
I bought a cheap 15gal transparent tub at Target, but the lid is opaque, so
I'm having a hard time figuring out how to retain the moisture without
blocking the little direct sun I get.  Also, the leaves that are just
submerged are getting burned due to the magnifying effect of a thin layer
of water.

Some general advice and/or setup info from someone who's done this would be
great.

Carlos Munoz
Austin, TX  (Where'd all this rain come from!?!?)