Re: Questions about Salvinia & Duckweed

     I have duckweed in my backyard pond, and it receives 6-7 hours of
     direct Texas sun in the summer.  It just makes them grow even faster.
     I have to regularly scoop out as much as I can, just to keep it from
     covering the surface.

     Sounds like a nutrient deficiency instead of a sunlight problem.
     Generally, when plants receive too much light they appear washed out,
     or develop brown spots from sunburn.  I use PMDD both in my aquarium
     and my backyard pond, and I have plants galore.  My water lillies have
     been blooming since April.

     Thanks for the goldfish tip--I am going to get one, just for duckweed
     control.