Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #783

>Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 11:47:51 -0700
>From: "Frank I. Reiter" <FIR at istar_ca>
>Subject: CO2 bubble counter/Reaction chamber
>
>I am currently gathering pieces for my first bottled CO2 system.  Somewhere
>I received advice to use Dupla's bubble counter and reaction chamber so
>today I priced them - and nearly fell out of my chair.
>
>Perhaps I am misunderstanding what these devices are.  As I understand it,
>a bubble counter is basically a jar of water with an input tube extending
>below the water line and an output tube above the water line.  A reaction
>chamber is a tube with CO2 coming in the top.
>
>Is there more to it than this?
>
>Frank.

In fact the bubble counter is made to easily regulate the flow of CO2 delivered in the reactor... and also prevents water for geting into the CO2 bottle, which is really important.

The reactor is made to mix CO2 with the aquarium water. The best one is the Dupla Reaktor S.
The reaktor 400 is good but some CO2 is lost !

JP

            ()_()
            (° °)
 +------oo0--(º)--0oo------+
 |       ŒŒŒ     ¹¹¹       |
 |  Jean-Paul  Chicheret   |
 |    2,route de Dijon     |
 | 21600 LONGVIC - FRANCE  |
 |                         | jpc25 at calva_net
 | Tel: 33(0)3-80-67-14-99 | jpmac at planetb_fr
 | FAX: 33(0)3-80-31-87-82 | Jean-Paul.Chicheret at inforoute_cgs.fr