CO2 bubble counter/Reaction chamber

I am currently gathering pieces for my first bottled CO2 system.  Somewhere
I received advice to use Dupla's bubble counter and reaction chamber so
today I priced them - and nearly fell out of my chair.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what these devices are.  As I understand it,
a bubble counter is basically a jar of water with an input tube extending
below the water line and an output tube above the water line.  A reaction
chamber is a tube with CO2 coming in the top.

Is there more to it than this?

Frank.
-----
The very act of seeking sets something in motion to meet us;
something in the universe, or in the unconscious responds as if
to an invitation.  - Jean Shinoda Bolen

http://home.istar.ca/~fir