KH/pH/CO2

On 6/16/97, George Booth wrote:
<snip>
>Use one of the CO2 charts available in the Krib or on the web. Decide
>what pH you would like your water to be.  Then decide how much CO2 you
>would like to inject (15 mg/l is a good target).  Find out what value
>of KH coincides with that pH and CO2 level.
>
>Now use sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3, baking soda) to increase your KH
>to the indicated level.  <snip>

Suppose you wanted to go the other way and lower your KH.  Would it work to
just add a certain quantity of Seachem's Acid Buffer, or is it necessary to
mix appropriate portions of RO water with your tap water?  I've noted that
when adding small quantities of Acid Buffer I can measure a reduction in KH
with no change in pH but don't know if I can trust the tests in this case.

Is it really trickly to maintain a KH as low as 2 if, for instance, one
wanted to achieve a pH of 6.6 and CO2 of 15ppm? If this _is_ difficult,
would it be made any easier by doing 25% water changes twice a week?
--Keeping a very light fish load? --Some other method?

Regards,
Kim Bryant
smskahj at netacc_net