Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #772

On 15/6/97 5:48 PM, ivester <ivester at ecs_umass.edu> asked about mangrove
tanks.

I have no experience so in this area so I can't help with most of the
questions but the December 1995 issue of Aquarium Fish Magazine has an
article "Magnificent Mangroves" by Julian Sprung which may help with info
on growing mangroves for you. One think I noticed whilst quickly skimming
the article is that he fertilises the mangroves with "FloraSan" - a
freshwater plant fertiliser. Perhaps some of the other freshwater
fertilisation programs (Dupla, PMDD, etc) would work also.

David Aiken