Re Bubbles

Greetings
   When I refill my aquarium after partial water changes using water
straight from the tap I get small bubbles forming on everything: glass,
gravel, plants, and slow moving fish. I figure the water was under
pressure and with the release of that pressure in my aquarium the
dissolved gasses will come out of solution, aided by any slight increase
in temperature of the new water. The gas would be normal atmospheric air
and it goes away over night. In addition there is an increase in active
bubbling from most of the plants in response to the new water. This is in
the form of new bubbles being formed and released intermittently or even
a constant stream of bubbles bleeding out of cut stems and leaves that
have been trimmed during the maintenance. This gas, IMO, must be oxygen.
Has anyone actually had the gas analyzed or is it a given that it is O2?
There must be trace minerals in the tap water that cause the plants to
increase photosynthesis. I have seen several strings in the past that
discussed this phenom. I take it to be a good sign.
       Lyle Babberl