Laterite in substrate

> Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 17:44:55 -0400 (EDT)
> From: MMacG1167 at aol_com
>
> I have a 55 gallon tank that I'm going to be giving a substrate of
> laterite and gravel with the plants in pots filled with topsoil. Is
> 2lbs of laterite in the bottom third of gravel the right amount or too
> little?

I would recommend approximately 250 grams per 25 gallons for a 2 1/2"
to 3" substrate. This would be 500 grams or about 1 pound for a 55.
That is, if I got that pesky conversion stuff correct.  Sorry to mix
the measuring systems, but Duplarit laterite comes in 250 gm and 500
gm boxes, so that is a convenient amount to discuss.

George