Re: DIY CO2

>Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 06:29:10 -0500 (EST)
>From: "Roger S. Miller" <rgrmill at rt66_com>
>Subject: Re: DIY CO2
>
>Before doing anything else with the mix, you should check the integrity of
>the seals (bottle-to-cap, cap-to-tubing and any other there might be).
>When I first set my system up, I got a short burst of activity then
>nothing because of a slow leak in one seal.  I went through a couple
>iterations on the makeup of the mix, then found the leak.

I knew someone else would think the same thing I did, and I was tight for
time, so I didn't answer.  I agree with Roger.  The first place to look is
in the connections.  There may be a leak.

>If there is no leak, you might try adding some baking soda.  I use a half
>tablespoon in a gallon of mix.  This seems to help regulate things (right
>DWebb?).

I started experimenting with baking soda additions several years ago and I
find that it helps stabilize the reaction.

If your water in the CO2 generator is cloudy, you're producing CO2.  When
the batch is used up, you're left with a pinkish, clear fluid.  If it's
cloudy and you don't have any output, you probably have a leak.

David W. Webb           Enterprise Security Systems
Texas Instruments Inc.  Dallas, TX USA
(972) 575-3443 (voice)  dwebb at ti_com
(972) 575-4853 (fax)    http://www.dallas.net/~dwebb
(214) 581-2380 (pager)  2145812380 at alphapage_airtouch.com