Re: Shorter Vallisneria

Mark was inquiring....
>Does anyone have some Val. that stays 18" or under?  Willing to do some
>trading or purchasing.  If you just know the species, let me know and I'll
>find a source myself.  All the Val. I know of is too tall.

I wish I knew of some. A while back I asked people on this list if they
knew the scientific name of something labeled "Crystal Val." It began
as a straight skinny twelve inch plant in the pet shop. It spread rapidly
and now the darn things are growing larger weekly and have now attained
four feet in length. I doubt that they are V. gigantea which I have owned
and which grew even larger and much thicker.

--
Dave Whittaker
ac554 at FreeNet_Carleton.ca