Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #750

	Here's my $.02 worth on the SAE debate. I'm the guy who nuked my 29
gallon with the antibiotics a couple of months ago. I planted an amazon
sword, corkscrew and crytal val. The tank has been recovering very
nicely. I have about a half dozen Yucatan mollies in it.
	About 2 weeks ago I noticed an outbreak of beard algae. It was
growing on the filter uptake tube and the dead leaves on the vals and
seemed to be slowly spreading. I put 4 SAEs in and hand scrapped the
uptake tube.
	I have noticed that some of the algae on the dead leaves is
disappearing. The SAEs prefer fish food, they school and beg when I drop
fish food in. However, as mollies also eat algae I go a little lighter on
food in here, sometimes skipping a day or two's feeding.
	The point is, I'm not doing anything differant now with the SAEs
in but it looks like the red algae is disappearing. I have never
actaullly seen them eat it as every time I approach the tank they school
in the middle looking for fish food. But I do think they are eating it.