plant fertilizer compatibility

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Roxanne Bittman <rlb at kirk_dfg.ca.gov>
Subject: plant fertilizer compatibility
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com (Aquatic Plants Digest)
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 9:41:35 PDT

I just set up a new 40 gallon tank full of plants and have a fertilizer
question.  I used Duplarit G in the substrate, and will add Duplaplant
tablets and Duplagan with water changes.  Question is:  which liquid daily
fertilizer to use?  I have been using Kent's, but I don't like it that
much.  Even small amounts seem to instantly (within 24 hours) cause algae
breakouts.  The current choices are:  stay with Dupla and use the
Dupladrops.  Second choice is Tropica Master Grow, which gets rave reviews
on the net and elsewhere; it is also cheaper.

Can someone please advise on whether Tropica MG is compatible with the
Dupla products as listed above?  Perhaps Karen R. or someone else knows,
since they use Tropica?  Thanks!

Roxanne
--

Roxanne Bittman, Botanist                    Natural Heritage Division
Phone: (916) 323-8970                 __o     CA Dept of Fish and Game