[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #748

At 3:39 -0400 6/3/97, Jeff Kropp asked:

>I am considering substrate heating cables and researching alternatives to
>the Duplamat transformer and controller. Is anyone aware of the VA rating
>for the Duplamat transformers? Has anybody found good alternatives?

Measure the resistance of the heating element. From that you can determine
the current using I = E/R where I is current E is voltage and R is the
resistance. The wattage is then equeal to E * I.

Suppliers such as Newark Electronics and Allied Electronics, as well as
many local electronics suppliers carry these transformers. You just need
the plain old run of the mill generic transformer with enough watts.


Paul Nicholson               Electronic Imaging Systems, Inc.
TEL 805 532 1068             5148 Commerce Avenue, Unit F
FAX 805 532 1065             Moorpark, CA 93021 U.S.A.
paul at eisusa_com		     http://www.eisusa.com