Re: Stagnant Alteranthera reinckii

>Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 14:19:29 -0500
>From: cmunoz at crystal_cirrus.com (Carlos Munoz)
>
>Anyone know the optimal conditions for Alteranthera reinckii or have a
setup
>where their A. reinckii is growing rapidly?
>
>After a clipping and replanting a month back, my A. reinckii has been
healthy
>but stagnant, whereas my other plants are growing quickly.  I'd like to
tune
>my tank for A. reinckii for a few months until the clippings are
full-grown
>and I can sell some clippings back.

A. reineckii needs strong light as you probably already know.  It also
needs a full nutrient mix, including some nitrates in the water.  Without
nitrates, it will not grow, and the stems get mushy.

David W. Webb           Enterprise Security Systems
Texas Instruments Inc.  Dallas, TX USA
(972) 575-3443 (voice)  dwebb at ti_com
(972) 575-4853 (fax)    http://www.dallas.net/~dwebb
(214) 581-2380 (pager)  2145812380 at alphapage_airtouch.com