[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Stagnant Alteranthera reinckii
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com (Aquatic-Plants)
- Subject: Re: Stagnant Alteranthera reinckii
- From: "David W. Webb" <dwebb at ti_com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 16:15:06 -0500
- Conversation-Id: <BMSMTP86528601141a0206807 at dsks52_itg.ti.com>
>Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 14:19:29 -0500
>From: cmunoz at crystal_cirrus.com (Carlos Munoz)
>Anyone know the optimal conditions for Alteranthera reinckii or have a
>where their A. reinckii is growing rapidly?
>After a clipping and replanting a month back, my A. reinckii has been
>but stagnant, whereas my other plants are growing quickly. I'd like to
>my tank for A. reinckii for a few months until the clippings are
>and I can sell some clippings back.
A. reineckii needs strong light as you probably already know. It also
needs a full nutrient mix, including some nitrates in the water. Without
nitrates, it will not grow, and the stems get mushy.
David W. Webb Enterprise Security Systems
Texas Instruments Inc. Dallas, TX USA
(972) 575-3443 (voice) dwebb at ti_com
(972) 575-4853 (fax) http://www.dallas.net/~dwebb
(214) 581-2380 (pager) 2145812380 at alphapage_airtouch.com