Re: Ferns and fernlets

Shane

In my experience fernlets *usually* sprout from fronds that are
old and ready to detach. It sounds like your ferns are growing
very well so I guess there is no "bad" fronds from which to sprout
progeny.
At anyrate if the main plant is growing well you should be able
to propogate the plant by cutting the rhizome. This gives 2 good
sized ferns to re-attach (or more depending how you cut it).
It seems like drastic treatment. But it works and the plant does
well by it.
Soon you'll be trading in your crop of Java Fern to the pet shop for
other plants!
Good luck, and no coffee before surgery :)

Marshall Wilkinson
Calgary Alberta