Apple Snails

Andrew asked about Apple Snails...

" I would like to keep them in the tank, but if this is the result, I would
  much rather keep my plants!  Does anyone out there have any experience
  with these snails?"

Andrew the problem is that there are different types of Apple snails and
all except one (according to Innes Exotic Aquarium Fishes book) are
ravenous plant eaters. The exception is Pomacea cuprina which for some
mysterious reason is known in the trade as the Mystery Snail. It does not
eat living plants and is a good scavenger.  Unfortunately I don't think
this is the type that you have. My guess is that either the snails or
plants will have to go.

Dan Cole, Mail Order Pet Supplies
Subscribe to our FREE Tropical Fish Hobbyist Newsletter!
Mailto:mops-news at databack_com and place the word "subscribe"
in the body of your message or visit us at http://www.mops.on.ca