Re: Black beauty

<< I have found some black sand in a pet shop which they call black beauty
 sand. It looks like black glass, and has the consistency of fine beach
 sand. Does anyone know where I can find large amounts of this cheap,in the
 San Francisco area?

The material is used for sandblasting.  Check your yellow pages under
sandblasting supplies.  I like the 3 mm quartz silica blasting media
available from the same source ($7 for 100 lbs).