Blower Vs. Compressor

Hi All,
I am busy setting up a nursery for aquatic plants and have been collecting catalogs from all kinds of suppliers that might have relevant equipment and supplies.

I have found most of the catalogs relating to commercial scale fish breeding offer blowers rather than the air compressor that I had been looking forward to buying.
I realize that I dont need 90 PSI. but was fondly anticipating a collection of pneumatic tools after going to the expense of acquiring a compressor.
Does any one have suggestions as to why blowers predominate the aquatic industry, the cost seems about the same so that appears not to be the reason.

David in Houston Texas