Re: Public aquariums with aquatic plants?

Since the original question was asked by Cliff Lundberg, only Kew Gardens
gets positive reviews, and the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, Illinois gets a
few maybes.  I have a small book on aquatic plants published by Kew, now
long out of print.  I believe they were the ones to introduce Hygrophila
difformis to the public under the name, Synnema triflorum.  If it was going
to be anywhere, it would be in Great Britain, where hobbyists get more
respect :-)

We shouldn't forget Ammano in Japan, who has many of his aquariums on
public display.  There is a segment in the Krib devoted to Ammano.

And there are too many serious aquatic plant hobbyists in Holland and
Germany for there not to be public planted aquariums in those two
countries.

Perhaps someone who reads this list, lives near a public aquarium and who
has some excess energy could volunteer to help them get some plants in
their tanks.