Re: surface film

At 03:39 AM 5/10/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 22:11:33 -0400 (EDT)
>From: BErney1014 at aol_com
>Subject: surface film
>
>Folks I have been experiencing a white surface film on my new plant tanks and
>it is driving me nuts. I ladel it off all the time. What can I do? 40 gallon
>breeder 1 month old with lots of new small plants. 5 SAE's, 1 cory, 1 ghost
>shrimp. pH 6.5 yeast CO2 homemade reactor,  Sea chem gravel, 4 T8 36" tubes
>different types (for plants). Red Sea plant food. I was holding the plants in
>a 10 gallon tank with sand bottom and the film was there too.
>Is the film from decomposition of plant material?
it sounds like you have a lot of organic chemicals in your water, You might
try water changes and carbon filtration.  It probably from the plants
because if it was contamination from outside the tank I don't think your
fishes would be very happy.
* Rolando R. Gomez                                        *
* And i want some frogies and fishes and purtty plants!!! *
* shadoe at io_com						   *
* rrgomez at WSUHUB_UC.TWSU.EDU                              *