green spot algea

This is a question about green spot algae.  I am trying to ascertain if
it is a big a problem for other people as it is for me and hopefully find
out what I am doing differently.  Is it impossible to have a green spot
algae free tank?.  I have controlled every other type of algae to the
point where they are non - visible by use of CO2, algae eaters and PMDD.
 Although I do not have test kits for iron or nitrates I think I have
worked out the ultimate concentration (iron  = 0.1 PPM) using 3/4 ml per
day (water change 25% every 10 days, 55gal).

However, I still have green spot algae growing on surfaces of swords,
crypts, bottom leaves of bunch plants,  in fact any surface that remains
in the light for enough time to grow green spot algae.  I noticed that
even Sears and Conlin reported small amounts of GSA in their experimental
tanks.  I do feel that I am getting more than a small amount.  It makes
any plant other than a constantly growing bunch plant aesthetically
unpleasant and unAmanoican.  Is it simply a question of tweaking the PMDD
formula/ dosage ?.   I have soft water 1 maybe 2 KH.  I have thought it
may be lack of CO2 but my plants at least occasionally bubble.  Any help
from those who have mastered GSA would be greatly appreciated.

I had a sword recently melt one of its new leaves before it had even had
a chance to develop fully.  Like it just couldn’t face going on knowing
it’s destiny was to be plastered with little green spots.

David Brooks