Tiger Lotus?

During a recent business trip, I bought unlabeled plants that I think are
Tiger Lotus.  The leaves look just like the dwarf lotus in my tank only
much larger - 2-3" across.  The upper side of the leaf is purplish-red with
green tinges and reddish-brown spots.  The underside of the leaf is purple.
 These are fully developed plants with good root development but THERE IS
NO BULB.  Are lotus like some terrestrial plants that absorb the bulb
during growth and only form one for dormancy?  Will someone who has Tiger
Lotus correspond and let me know what they think?
Thanks
Rochelle Williams
williaro at ftmcphsn-emh1_army.mil