Algae invasion

Help! My plants and driftwood are being covered by algae. It approx. 4mm
long and black green. This is a new setup, about 6 months, with good
lighting installed for 2 months. Nothing else has changed. 110 gal. hard
water, pH a little over 7. This algae cant be removed by hand. I have
been cutting leaves with the algae and scrubbing the rest. The otoc.
doesn't touch it.  Also rocks are being covered with brown film,
(diatoms?). I'm new at this.  Can someone tell me how to get this under
control.

Thanks;

Mace Arnold