Sandpoint undergravel heating cable

Friends, I want to ask again for anyone who has a Sandpoint Accurate 1
Cable Heating System.  I have gotten a couple of private emails from
people, but I need to speak to someone with this very model.  Mine happens
to be for a 75 gallon aquarium.  It has a toggle switch right and an inset
nut that takes a special Sandpoint tool right next to the words "set temp"
on the front. I need to find out if you can regulate the temperature in the
tank or if it is true, as both people who have written me about it thus far
have stated, that it only maintains the gravel a couple of degrees warmer
than the water and that one still requires a hanging type heater.

Please email me privately since there is probably no need to bore our
colleagues with the details.

Thanks

Macon Cowles             | Trial Lawyer representing people
1680 Wilson Court        | and citizen's groups in environmental
Boulder, CO 80304        | toxics, civil rights, employment,
(303) 447-1332           | consumer and class action cases.