Tank Brace

"A friend of mine has a 125 gallon tank that the 1/2" glass brace that
holds the top center of the tank together split when a halogen light was
placed on it.  The tank did start to bow out in the center so he duct
taped it and later removed some water to reduce presure.  It doesn't look
like removing the brace and replacing it would be very easy.  So he is
thinking of putting another 1/2" plate on top of the cracked/busted piece
and siliconing them together."

Don, I'm a little behind with my reading so if you've already solved
your friends tank problem that's great but it not maybe this will help. I
had a similar problem a couple of years ago and had a plastics shop make
me a brace that I could slip over the tank...it basically consisted of a
strip of acrylic the width of the tank with extra pieces joined at the
ends...sort of like small blocks on each end...this "brace" spanned the
width of the tank and kept the tank from bowing. I had an extra brace
made...12" wide and if your friend can use it, he can have it for the
cost of shipping it to him. Just let me know....

Dan Cole, Mail Order Pet Supplies
Subscribe to our FREE Tropical Fish Hobbyist Newsletter!
Mailto:mops-news at databack_com and place the word "subscribe"
in the body of your message or visit us at http://www.mops.on.ca