Re: white worms

>Anyway, I noticed some, well 2,  very hair-thin white worms squiggling
>in the water column last night.
I have/had them too. They seem to wiggle from both ends. I was told they are
stylaria worms. I looked under the microscope and they have a row of fine
hairs (cilia?) down both sides. They actually live in the substrate and get
water born via a current. (I sicked a little goldfish on them.) BTW, I could
not find any info on the worms, but they must be tough because I soaked my
plants in bleach and KMnO4 solutions and they still survived.
Bruce